Tampa Personal Injury and Family Law Firm Practice Areas
Uniquely qualified to deliver exceptional service and positive results
The Sessums Law Group is uniquely qualified to assist clients in Tampa and the greater Tampa Bay metropolitan area with civil litigation, personal injury, and family law issues. Led by Mark A. Sessums, a Florida Bar board-certified attorney in civil trial practice and family law, the firm draws on more than 30 years of combined experience to provide comprehensive legal support that produces positive results for our valued clients.
Compassionate management of family law issues in Tampa
Our firm’s family law attorneys provide individualized attention for your most pressing legal issues. If it’s time to dissolve your marriage and you need help understanding Florida divorce law, our attorneys can answer all your questions thoroughly, with patience and genuine concern. We manage all aspects of divorce capably and with the utmost sensitivity, including:
- Child custody and visitation — In all matters related to custody, we work to uphold your parental rights and advance the best interests of your children.
- Child support — Our case management experience enables us to achieve fair results in child support disputes, based on your true financial circumstances.
- Alimony — As we do with child support, we use the discovery process to compel full disclosure of income sources so the court has a clear basis for awarding or denying spousal support.
We understand that no two divorces are the same, so we use a variety of approaches to achieve a marital settlement, including traditional negotiation, divorce mediation, and litigation.
After your divorce is final, we remain ready to assist with motions to modify or enforce support orders, custody orders, and parenting plans. We also assist with a variety of nondivorce issues, such as the negotiation and drafting of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Preeminent trial representation for civil disputes and personal injuries
In Tampa, a city of almost 350,000 and a greater metropolitan area of almost 3 million, civil disputes and personal injury accidents are common. Our skilled trial lawyers are prepared with personalized legal guidance and aggressive representation in matters related to:
- Vehicle accidents — Tampa Bay traffic on U.S. 19 and I-275 is notoriously bad, and many surface streets, such as Ulmerton, Starkey and Belcher roads, East Bay Drive, and Seminole Boulevard, are well known for dangerous intersections, causing serious or fatal auto, truck, and motorcycle accidents.
- Premises liability — We represent victims of slip and fall accidents on commercial, private or government property.
- Medical malpractice — We hold healthcare providers and facilities accountable for negligent acts of medical malpractice that injure innocent patients.
- Business and commercial law — We represent plaintiffs and defendants in cases arising from ownership and partnership disputes as well as alleged breaches of business and commercial contracts.
In all matters we handle, our attorneys provide reliable legal guidance and personalized client service through every step of the process.
Contact our experienced Tampa personal injury and family law attorneys
Sessums Law Group is committed to providing excellent representation for personal injury, family law, and business matters in Tampa and the greater Bay area. Please call 813-435-5058 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Tampa office. We also have offices in Lakeland, Sebring and Sarasota.