Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Focus on Results
Rely on a determined Florida auto accident attorney to provide highly personalized legal services
Florida has some of the deadliest traffic in the nation, and the Tampa Bay area is no exception. If you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, whether it’s a high-speed collision on U.S. 19 or I-275, or a broadside crash at East Bay Drive, Seminole Boulevard, or another dangerous intersection, Sessums Law Group, P.A. is prepared to help. Our Tampa auto accident attorneys provide highly personalized legal counsel focused on obtaining the best results possible for your accident claim. If the driver who hit you was negligent, you are entitled to recover for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other reasonable damages.
Skillful litigators represent victims in all types of vehicle collision cases
We are dedicated auto accident lawyers in Sarasota who give clients comprehensive legal support for every aspect of a vehicle crash action, including:
- Insurance claims — Florida is a no-fault insurance state, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to reach a settlement, even with your own insurer. Our firm explains your legal options and take decisive steps to resolve your claim.
- Truck collisions —If you’ve been in a collision with an 18-wheeler or another type of rig, we’ll investigate whether rules governing trucks were broken and will pursue justice against all responsible parties.
- Motorcycle accidents — Careless drivers of cars and trucks can permanently injure relatively unprotected bikers. If you’ve been hurt while riding, we’ll work to hold negligent parties accountable.
If a third-party claim is possible in your case, we’ll conduct a thorough review to determine who caused the collision. Even if you are held to be partly at fault for the accident, you may still be able to collect damages.
Our auto accident attorneys have experience with a broad array of motor vehicle accidents
A serious injury by itself is no guarantee you can get compensation. But with our firm, you get a board-certified civil litigation attorney who has handled a variety of traffic accidents, where victims have suffered catastrophic injuries such as:
- Broken or crushed bones
- Burns and disfigurement
- Concussions and traumatic brain injury
- Internal injuries
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
Severe injuries can require a lifetime of care, so it’s vitally important you get the full value for your case.
Skilled lawyers help you overcome obstacles to a full recovery
Dealing directly with the insurance company pits you against professionals who are determined to limit or deny your recovery. On the other hand, retaining an auto accident lawyer puts you at a distinct advantage. We draw on more than 30 years of experience to build a strong case. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay us when we recover compensation for you. The Florida statute of limitations gives you two years to file an accident claim, but it’s best to start early to enhance your chances of a full damage recovery.
What to do if you are in a car accident
After an auto accident, responding police officers may ask you to explain your side of the story. Be cooperative and respectful. Give the officer your driver’s license, registration and insurance information, but respectfully decline to discuss specifics about the accident until you speak to your attorney. Furthermore:
- Do not admit fault to anyone.
- Do not share details about the accident on social media.
- Other than the minimum requirement, do not give details of the accident to your insurance company.
To protect your rights for future litigation, follow these rules and contact an attorney immediately.
What should I do or not do after a car wreck?
Protect yourself from further injury by getting out of the roadway. If anyone is injured and needs medical attention, call 911. Once you are safe and the authorities are on their way, you can help build a solid case by:
- Taking pictures of the scene
- Taking pictures of any vehicle and property damage caused by the accident
- Getting contact information from other drivers and potential witnesses
Finally, it is important that you seek treatment for your injuries immediately after the accident, or as soon as you discover the injury, if it is not apparent at the time of the accident.
Contact a car accident attorney for your auto accident claim in Tampa or Sarasota
Sessums Law Group, P.A. represents motorists, passengers and pedestrians in serious auto accidents in Tampa. To give your case the personalized attention it deserves, call us at 813-435-5058 or contact us online. We offer free consultations in our Tampa office or in your hospital room as necessary. We also have offices in Lakeland, Sebring and Sarasota.