Family Law Attorney Serving Sarasota, FL
There are a lot of issues that arise in the field of family law. They cover a broad scope of relationships and legal subject matter. Here’s what they all have in common—the combination of what can be personal difficulty and legal complexity means that your Sarasota family law attorneys ought to have a unique blend of empathy and professionalism. That standard is what we aim for at Sessums Law Group, P.A. every single day.
Our Sarasota Family Law Practice Areas
Family law covers a wide range of potential legal issues. The team at Sessums Law Group, P.A. has a strong background in helping clients in areas like these:
- Divorce: Divorce cases typically address issues such as property division, spousal support (alimony), child custody, and child support.
- Marital agreements: Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements allow couples to make decisions regarding their assets, debts, and other financial matters before or during their marriage.
- Paternity: These cases may arise when unmarried individuals have a child, or there is a dispute over the biological father's identity. Establishing paternity is crucial for determining visitation, custody, and child support obligations.
- Guardianship: Florida recognizes guardianships for minors, adults with developmental disabilities, and incapacitated individuals.
- Modifications: Modifications refer to changes made to existing court orders related to divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, or alimony.
- Enforcement: If a party is not fulfilling their legal responsibilities in any of the above areas, enforcement actions can be pursued to ensure compliance.
Reach out to our Sarasota family law attorneys today by calling (813) 212-8330.
$6,000,000.00 Recovery Fraud Civil Action
Sessums Law Group, P.A. successfully recovered $6,000,000.00 for a client in a fraud civil action. Prior to the client’s divorce, the client negotiated and executed an agreement with his wife’s boyfriend that sought that the boyfriend would have no contact with the client’s wife.
$2,740,000.00 Wrongful Death Hit/Run of Motorcyclist
Representation of the plaintiff hit from behind on his motorcycle by a driver who was allegedly drunk at the time of the accident. Sued the defendant; the bar that the defendant had been drinking and the defendant’s employer.
$1,929,000.00 Verdict Real Estate Deficiency
Representation of estate in real estate deficiency claim resulting in joint and several liability verdict against various doctors and chiropractors.
$1,000,000.00 Settlement Collision
Representation of estate in an automobile and tractor trailer collision that resulted in multiple deaths.
Confidential Settlement Amount Medical Malpractice
Client was burned with a hot pack after delivering her son via Cesarean section.
Confidential Settlement Amount Nursing Home Negligence
Representation of the Personal Representative of the Estate of the patient who died due to negligent care while in the care of the nursing home.
Confidential Settlement Amount Trolley Accident
Representation of passengers who were enjoying a sight- seeing tour aboard a trolley when the trolley was hit by a bus. The passengers suffered soft tissue injuries.
Confidential Settlement Amount Hit & Run
Sessums Law Group was recently successful in settling a case for a hard working Polk County man whose hit and run accident resulted in a need for a knee replacement. The defendant argued that our client had caused the accident. We were able to prove through expert accident reconstruction testimony that the accident happened as our client testified despite the minimal damage involved.
Confidential Settlement Stolen Property
Client’s vehicle was burglarized and her engagement and wedding rings stolen. The perpetrator pawned the stolen items to a local pawn shop. The pawn shop ignored the hold order from the police department and sold the engagement and wedding rings. After suit filed for the Plaintiff, a confidential settlement was reached with the pawn shop for the value to our client of her stolen rings.
"Our firm believes in the integrity of the needs of the each client we represent. We are passionate about obtaining the maximum results allowable under the law for each client."
- Mark A. Sessums