How is Property Divided in Divorce?
- Generally, spouses are allowed to keep their separate property ― assets they owned before the marriage and gifts or inheritance they received before, during, or after the marriage. Property acquired during the marriage — such as income, savings, retirement accounts, stocks, bonds, cars, homes, and furnishings — is considered shared property, and divided between the spouses. If you have questions about property division in Florida, a local Tampa divorce attorney can provide specific guidance.
- How Much Alimony Will I Get in My Divorce?
- What is a Legal Separation?
- Do Contested Divorces Cost More Than Uncontested Divorces?
- How Much Does It Cost to Get a Divorce?
- Does My Spouse Have to Agree to the Divorce?
- What Do I Need to Start the Divorce Process?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Divorce?
- How Do I File For Divorce?