Tampa Family Lawyers Guide Clients to Successful Resolutions
Gulf Coast firm advises Floridians on matrimonial and parenting issues
Family law matters can affect you and your loved ones for the rest of your lives. With so much at stake, finding a highly credentialed attorney to represent you is crucial. At Sessums Law Group, P.A. in Tampa, attorney Mark Sessums is one of only four Florida attorneys out of approximately 90,000 lawyers in the state to be Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Marital and Family Law. Whether you are going through a divorce, have been victimized by domestic violence, need help with a parenting matter or have any other domestic legal concern, our skilled attorneys will safeguard your rights and work diligently to achieve a positive outcome.
Hard-working Tampa lawyers provide effective divorce representation
If you have decided to get a divorce, we provide knowledgeable assistance and advice on matters such as:
- Filing and grounds — Unlike some other jurisdictions, Florida does not dissolve marriages by according fault to either party. Under the no-fault system, courts terminate marriages because they are irretrievably broken. If the other party has committed some sort of misconduct, such as adultery, our lawyers can explain if that misconduct might affect the court’s decisions on property division or alimony.
- Property division — Florida is an equitable distribution state, which means that courts determine what is a fair allocation of assets and debts, though not necessarily an equal split. We will advocate strongly for a fair result.
- Alimony — Spousal maintenance can be granted if one party lacks the ability to be self-supporting. Our Tampa family lawyers will advise you about the numerous factors that judges take into account in these cases and apply them to your situation.
Whether you have an uncontested divorce that can be resolved in a matter of weeks, choose to use a mediator or need to assert your rights in court, our firm provides the advice and advocacy that you deserve. We handle trials, appeals and post-divorce litigation throughout Florida as well as related matters such as separations and name changes.
Knowledgeable counselors draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
Early planning can protect you from uncertainty and financial harm in the event that your marriage does not work out. Our firm advises clients on the drafting of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements so that clear terms are set regarding items such as property division and spousal support. With an enforceable agreement in place, you can make informed choices without worrying about uncertain legal outcomes.
Dedicated legal advisors help parents maintain strong bonds with their children
Nothing is more important than protecting children and giving them what they need to succeed in life. Our firm helps Gulf Coast residents protect the young people in their lives by assisting with:
- Child custody and support — We work tirelessly to establish fair arrangements so that children can grow up in a healthy environment and maintain relationships with both parents whenever possible. Our firm also represents clients when conflicts arise relating to the establishment, modification or enforcement of child support.
- Guardianship — When parents are not capable of caring for their children, our firm takes the necessary steps to establish legal protection for them.
- Paternity — If you are seeking to establish legal parentage for your child, we can prepare the proper documentation whether the relevant parties are in agreement or not as to the child’s fatherhood.
We never overlook the stress created by parenting challenges and handle each matter compassionately and cost-effectively.
Contact our accomplished Tampa family law attorneys
Sessums Law Group, P.A. represents Florida clients in a full range of family law matters. Please call 813-435-5058 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Tampa office. We also have locations in Lakeland, Sebring and Sarasota.