Dedicated Sarasota Lawyers Assist Medical Malpractice Victims
Skillful Florida advocates take on negligent healthcare providers
Doctors, hospitals and other medical providers have a legal and moral responsibility to adhere to the highest industry standards. When individuals and facilities fall short, patients suffer the consequences, which can include a worsening of their conditions, new problems or even death. The Sarasota attorneys at Sessums Law Group, P.A. aid medical malpractice victims by initiating legal action against negligent healthcare professionals. In these cases, we have secured substantial verdicts and settlements on behalf of patients who have suffered harm due to poor treatment. Whether your case arises from a surgical mistake, a botched diagnosis or some other type of substandard work, our firm can obtain a fair financial recovery.
Attorneys pursue justice when doctors and hospitals violate standards
In the Sarasota area and other Florida locations, our firm advocates for plaintiffs who have suffered due to:
- Surgical errors — One slight mistake or misplaced item can cause severe damage without the patient knowing exactly what happened. We work tirelessly to unearth the truth if something goes wrong in the operating room.
- Missed or incorrect diagnoses — Failure to recognize a symptom properly might prevent someone from obtaining needed treatment or lead them to undergo unnecessary procedures.
- Prescription mistakes — We litigate matters involving prescription medication problems such as incorrect dosages, dangerous interactions and harmful side effects.
- Neglect — Busy hospitals and medical practices must keep a close eye on the people they serve. If neglect contributed to, or worsened, your condition, we’ll outline your legal options.
- Birth injuries — The childbirth process requires a high degree of skill and care. A breach of professional standards sometimes leads to a lifelong condition such as cerebral palsy. In these matters, we seek a resolution that accounts for the burden borne by victims and their families.
Often, mistreated patients don’t assert their rights because they are not completely sure if an actionable claim exists. Over decades of experience, our attorneys have gained the ability to review evidence in detail and spot instances of medical negligence that others miss.
Accomplished firm guides clients through the litigation process
If you have been victimized by medical malpractice, you need to obtain assistance promptly from a Sarasota personal injury lawyer. The Florida statute of limitations bars lawsuits that are filed more than two years after the harm occurred or should have been discovered. Even if your claim is a long way from lapsing, potential evidence and witnesses become harder to locate with each passing day. Our firm gathers the necessary facts and expert testimony to bolster your case. From there, we vigorously advocate for a settlement or verdict that truly addresses your harm.
Contact a proven Sarasota medical malpractice lawyer to schedule a meeting
Sessums Law Group, P.A. represents Florida medical malpractice victims in cases stemming from surgical errors, faulty prescriptions and breaches of professional standards. Please call 813-435-5058 or contact us online to schedule a consultation regarding your legal rights. Our office is in Sarasota, and the firm also has locations in Tampa, Lakeland and Sebring.