Accomplished Family Law Attorneys Serve Sarasota, FL
Triple board-certified lawyer focuses on solving your legal dilemmas
From Indian Beach to Granada, and from Bayfront to Eastwoods, Sarasota is a family town. Our 50,000 or so year-round residents comprise about 24,000 households, a significant number of which include minor children. And, although we enjoy scenic beauty and idyllic weather, life can be complicated, and hardships can visit us seemingly out of nowhere. When a legal crisis arises affecting your family, you want an experienced lawyer of proven ability. At Sessums Law Group, P.A. in Sarasota we’ve been providing high-quality legal representation to Florida families since 1989. Triple board-certified civil attorney Mark Sessums leads a dedicated team of legal professionals who are determined to deliver positive results in your case.
Sarasota attorney experienced with a vast array of family law issues
Florida domestic relations law touches on many issues. We draw on more than 30 years of experience to guide you through legal conflicts related to:
- Divorce — We capably manage the divorce process from beginning to end, helping you resolve various issues such as alimony, child custody and visitation, child support, and equitable distribution of your assets and debt. We help clients reach marital settlement agreements through negotiations and mediations, so they can have an uncontested divorce.
- Domestic violence — We assist victims of domestic violence in getting protective orders, and we represent persons targeted by such orders, protecting their due process rights and working towards a fair resolution.
- Prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements — We help clients who are engaged or married protect their property rights by negotiating, drafting, and reviewing marital agreements.
- Appeals — We appeal erroneous court rulings to ensure your rights have the full protection of the law.
- Legal separations — If you are not ready or able to get divorced, we can help you file for a legal separation, settling all the same issues you would with a final divorce.
- Relocation — Child custody disputes reach a heightened level of intensity when a custodial parent seeks to leave the state with the children or relocate at a distance that burdens the other parent’s exercise of visitation rights. We help resolve conflicts through negotiation or litigation.
- Post-divorce modification and enforcement — When circumstances in your life change substantially, it may be time to ask the court to modify aspects of your divorce decree. We represent parties on either side of a motion to modify an order, as well as in actions to enforce existing terms.
- Guardianship — We help concerned persons gain legal authority to care for minor children and incapacitated adults.
- Paternity — We represent single mothers, putative fathers, and children in actions to establish paternity for purposes of child support, child custody and visitation, and inheritance.
- Name changes — We help clients legally change their names after a divorce or when paternity has been established.
When you retain our services for any family law issue, you get determined legal representation focused on positive results.
Contact a uniquely qualified family law attorney in Sarasota
Sessums Law Group, P.A. represents Sarasota clients in a wide array of family law matters. Please call 813-435-5058 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Main Street office. We also have locations in Lakeland, Sebring and Tampa.