New Years Happenings 2020
Happy New Year from our team of attorneys! Our team of professional and highly credentialed attorneys with 80 years of experience who are ready to STAND for YOU with any legal matters that 2020 may present.
Sessums Law Updates
- Mark A. Sessums recently traveled to Chicago to Co-Chair the two day planning meeting for 2020 for the Fundraising Committee for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ Foundation. In two days of meetings, the Long Range Planning Committee discussed new and more efficient ways to grow the endowment of the Foundation through a myriad of fundraising efforts. Since 1990, the Foundation endowment has grown to more than $2,600,000.00. Last year, over $180,000.00 was given as grants by the Foundation. Mark is excited to serve and to grow the mission of the Foundation with some of the best family law lawyers in the nation.
- Congratulations to Brittany Pinson who was awarded the AVVO Badge for Client Award. Brittany shows a constant commitment to results oriented, client centered legal work for her clients. Congratulations Brittany!
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediators Heidi Boulos and Lauren Jensen have launched their mediation practice to bring contested matters to resolution amicably while ensuring confidentiality, neutrality, compassion and cost effective management of disputes. Their ability and experience in mediation assists clients with resolving their disputes themselves without having a judge make the decision for them. Sessums Law Group, P.A. is proud to offer this alternative dispute resolution process to clients who feel mediation may serve them best.
- Florida Bar Family Law Section Certification Review – January 30 – February 1, 2020, Orlando. The lawyers of Sessums Law Group, P.A. will attend this statewide review course and Mark Sessums will be a guest speaker for the 11th year. The topic of his speech this year is Evidence with the event drawing over 1600 lawyers statewide. Mark is the only lawyer who is certified by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization in both Civil Trial Law, and Marital and Family Law, and is also Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – Judicial Food Festival and 5K Pro Bono River Run is February 29, 2020. Grab your best appetite and running shoes and look for the Sessums Law Group, P.A. booth for some extra fun this year! We look forward to seeing you there. Register here for this event.